Sunday, May 23, 2010

Mesquite Chicken with Mango Salsa


If you haven't tried the delicious combination of lime and chili with Mango, you need to try this recipe. I spent a couple of summers in Mexico and always loved to get the mango with lime and chili from the fruit carts on the street. It may sound odd to add chili to fruit but it is soooo good. And the lime just makes it.

I love this fresh mango salsa with mesquite grilled chicken. You can make this into an amazing salad if you top a bed of lettuce greens with this chicken and mango salsa, and a little avocado and lime. But tonight we went with the whole chicken breasts and cilantro rice.

Chicken:
I use McCormick's Mesquite Marinade and follow the directions on the package. It is just 1/4 C oil, 1/4 C water. I put 4 chicken breasts in a big ziploc with the marinade for a couple of hours in the refrigerator. Then send my husband out to grill it. Easy.



Mango Salsa:

3 Large Mangos
1/2 red bell pepper diced
1/4 cup diced onion
2 limes
3 T chopped cilantro

Slice mango down both sides of the pit.


Score each of the halves both ways like this:

Then pop open like this and slice off squares into your bowl.

Add other vegetables and juice of 2 limes. Add lime and chili to taste. This is what the lime and chili seasoning looks like. This one is from Mexico. They usually carry a lime and chili seasoning in the Mexican food aisle in Wal-Mart or at any Mexican grocery store.

StumbleUpon.com

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Ooooh, I am making this! That looks delish!

Carrie said...

Okay, I made it tonight and it was so, so, so good! My stinking kids didn't eat much; next time I'll buy an extra mango and slice it up for them plain instead of giving them salsa. I think this recipe is company-worthy.

sarah savage said...

i'm sad that there are no new posts on this blog as of late. i seem to have found it after its heyday.

well...if you do start posting again, it would make me a happy woman! i've tried many of the recipes and enjoyed most of them so far!! thanks for sharing this great idea!

Related Posts with Thumbnails