Monday, January 4, 2010

Portobello Mexican Pizzas


I think this has to be my favorite new thing because it is so easy, and seriously has to be only about 200 calories or so depending on your salsa and cheese. I love portobello mushrooms, but topped with salsa, green onions, mozzarella and sprinkled with garlic salt--yum!

Preheat oven to 400. Remove the stem AND the gills from the Portobello mushroom. I just peeled back the stem and removed the gills with a paring knife. Place mushrooms, upside down, on a baking tray and top each one with salsa, green onions and cheese. Bake for 10-12 minutes.

StumbleUpon.com

2 comments:

Lise said...

Hi! My cousin sent me a link to your blog, excited to share some healthy, tasty recipes. I just tried these portobello "pizzas" and they were a HUGE hit with my husband and me! I'm so happy to have found you and can't wait to try some more of your yummy recipes! Thanks for sharing!

Lise said...

P.S. We used Weight Watchers shredded mozzarella cheese and figured out the following nutrition facts, if you're interested: per serving (1 mushroom) - 110 calories, 10g protein, 8g carbs, 4g fat. Awesome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails