Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Microwave Popcorn




My kids really love popcorn, especially with movies. The popcorn is especially yummy with orange julius drinks.


Here is a very easy way to make popcorn. It is inexpensive, and doesn't have all the junk in it that regular microwaved popcorn has.


You take a paper lunch sack, put 1/4 cup popcorn kernals in it, fold it over a couple of times and pop for 1:45 seconds. I just hit the popcorn button on the microwave and take it out 15 seconds early--but the time may vary depending on your microwave.


We melt 2 T butter and put sea salt on it too. It is yummy!
The orange julius drinks are easy too, just orange juice concentrate with 1 part concentrate, 2 parts water, 1 part ice. Vanilla to taste--depends on how much you are making obviously and our blender is high capacity. We sometimes add agave nectar, but it doesn't really need it.


StumbleUpon.com

4 comments:

chelon:) said...

seriously?? what a fabulous idea!! thanks for sharing :)

Adhis said...

I wish I would have found these instructions last year! Dave LOVES LOVES LOVES popcorn, and I drove myself crazy last November Christmas shopping for him trying to find a certain special microwave bowl that pops kernels.

Well, I found the bowl, but I lost my sanity. I'm glad you're saving someone else's mind out there. ;)

Amannda Ashby said...

I just wanted to let you know that I love this! We actually purchased kernals and brown bags for Paul's Dad for Father's day. He loves homemade popcorn, but the microwave is just so easy. Now you can have homemade stuff, and it's just as easy!

Thanks

Rebecca said...

Wow! It really is just that easy, I had to try it myself to believe it! Great idea, thanks for sharing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails